Friday, May 20, 2011

New Modern Classic...Chic Cyclists—Young Ladies bike







MR PORTER
The Sartorialist
‘Ladies & gentlemen Cyclists’
from Amsterdam to Milan via Copenhagen!




[date-header-bg.gif]


Style Spot: Chic Cyclists in Amsterdam
by MR PORTER









Words by Ms Jodie Harrison





We visited the European city of Amsterdam to see how its residents manage to cycle and stay stylish



As more and more of us are adopting bicycles as a modish and eco-friendly form of transport, we thought we would find out how the guys in Amsterdam - a city of cyclists - manage to get to and from work without getting their chinos caught in a chain, or their boot polish scuffed on a peddle. According to musician Mr Nick Vandenburg, "It's all about having a robust sit-up bike", while Mr Menno van Meurs, a store owner, advises keeping your peddle power "to under 35 kilometres an hour". None of them seem to think cycling to work impinges on their clothing choices: "I think riding a bike gives you more, rather than fewer, options when it comes to what you wear," argues Mr Allard Honigh, a photographer. Watch the film above and see if you agree.




GET THEIR LOOK...
















- MR PORTER -
"The Men's Style Destination"





[date-header-bg.gif]



Ladies Shot On Their Bike From My Bike
Amsterdam, Milan & Copenhagen
by the Sartorialist


http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/51411Bike1_1884Web.jpg

Amsterdam


http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/51211Bike2_0677Web.jpg

Milan


http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/51711Vibe_2104Web.jpg

Copenhagen



.........................................................................................




"I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where
I like
!"




the portastylistic








No comments: