Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Porta's say...Happy Cosy Birthday James Dean Bradfield!





[date-header-bg.gif]



A VERY HAPPY
COSY BIRTHDAY
James Dean Bradfield
—MANIC STREET PREACHERS

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/2663140/James+Dean+Bradfield+pg067oh0.jpg





Happy 42nd Birthday Mr Bradfield! - taken from the deluxe edition of Postcards From A Young Man.
Wire telling about his 42nd birthday and the resolutions he was thinking of ;o)
And James singing Happy Birthday for him.

"Yesterday I was 42. So I was in my hotelroom, looking in the mirror .... I'm gonna change, I'm gonna be nice to everyone, I'm gonna love other bands ... and then I just thought of me, James and Mr. Richard Edwards practising this very song in the middle of nowhere and I just thought F*** that."

The video is a First video i found the Manics and falling in Love from now on. the Video with Steven Wells as partner in GOBTV. There were loads of interesting and fun ideas for this video that Sony gradually knocked on the head. Then the band said they didn't want to be in it (Bored with videos). So there was just James, and we got a bunch of Manics fans who had their own band, the Dead End Dolls to be the Manics....better looking I reckon. Especially the red head in the secretary glasses.
Traci Lords was unavailable, so we got model Blanche to lipsync her bit. Lots of high school political gestures in this vid...most of which you'd never see as they are slogans on the backdrop, and also on the kids' T shirts. "Keep Warm, Make Trouble" was my fave.
Anyway, Swells wrote a very funny piece about making this vidfor the Guardian. I personally do love James's voice so powerful Enjoy the video and go buy the album wich is pretty good - and don't forget to stay beautiful!

[date-header-bg.gif]



PERSONAL EFFECTS


.........................................................................................



“My sentiments exactly!”



the portastylistic





No comments: