deliberate and perhaps
good style is simply when the outside
matches the inside. "
For the Second anniversary of The Portastylistic Blogging never thought of reaching this milestone and am very excited to annouce that nothing is possible without this blogsphere family..Thanks a Portastylista for being besides with me for celebrating this beautiful day..Join us hands with me to celebrate this two years of blogging with Pop Music, Style Capture Weekly, Portastudio Playlist for Weekend, Personal Effect The Essentials of Style Guide and the Portastylistic New line this year—Our cosy a little shop 2nd stocks service on the net 'PS.DELI+SELEC'' brands hunting weekly from friends by friendships.
And I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for reading and interacting with what I write and post here. When I launched this blog on A September, 2008. I had just a handful of visitors. Things picked up from there. Today, I’m going to post about the good music good style here. I try to catch it and write mean things in the comments (maybe).
I expose some details about style, subscribers, and my blogging strategy. If you’re curious about the inner workings of this blog and my selection with it, just read on...from now on
So, thank you. Thank you for helping make this blog almost success through your regular visits, comments, encouragements, and suggestions. I mean it–thank you.
Thanks for all,
Around the World!!!
To download all 36 songs in one file click here
Hacia Dos Veranos with Alasdair MacLean – Draft Morning
Hacia Dos Veranos is one of Zonaindie’s favorite bands, a four-piece instrumental psychedelic trip. This is an amazing Byrds cover from their latest album, with The Clientele frontman Alasdair MacLean as guest vocalist. The song was recently featured on Pitchfork’s Forkcast section.
AUSTRALIA: Who The Bloody Hell Are They?
DZ – Gebbie St
Brisbane’s DZ have been making waves with their killer live show for a couple of years now, but so far “that song” – the one to take them to the indie masses – has eluded them. I think it’s here, and it’s called Gebbie St. It’s pretty massive, streamlining their raw, beat-heavy guitar jams into a tight, dance-punk number like one of the highlights off the debut albums by DFA 1979 or Liars.
BRAZIL: Meio Desligado
Fusile – Combat Samba
Sort of a Brazilian reaction to Gogol Bordello, Fusile’s debut EP Coconut Revolution is full of energy and great ska/punk songs such as Combat Samba. The EP (available here) has just four songs, but that’s enough to make them one of the most impressive new Brazilian bands.
Gramercy Riffs – Oh Linda!
One listen to It’s Heartbreak, the full-length debut from Gramercy Riffs, and you’ll immediately notice that the band brings together a whole bunch of disparate elements: one moment they’re crooning pre-rock’n'roll style, the next they sound like they’ve just stepped out of the ’50s, the next they’re sounding like an updated version of The Unicorns. Listen to it a few more times and you’ll find they mix all those styles together extremely well. Then listen some more because you’re unlikely to hear many better albums this year.
CHILE: Super 45
Marcos Meza – Danza
Marcos Meza is a pianist and composer from experimental hip hop outfit Como Asesinar A Felipes. His solo work goes in a different direction, closer to the more complex pop melodies of Ryuichi Sakamoto. His debut album, Piezas para Piano y Cuarteto de Cornos, is available for free download here and sees jazz, improvisation and contemporary chamber music share an interesting common space.
Pairs – Oh Ghost
Pairs are basically a drummer, Xiao Zhong, and a guitarist, F. They are from two different places and hemispheres of the Earth. Pairs basically don’t make theirs or any kind of music particularly well. Pretty much like people who have lost their talent. So it’s cool if you hate them. Pairs are basically a misspelling on Paris and/or Pears. They’ve had nothing to do with these two objects. Pairs basically like to take their broadway smash music to various death traps, both North and South, and survived to tell the tale to deaf ears. Pairs just launched their first music video Yangpu Qu – you can check out here.
COLOMBIA: Colombia Urbana
Farina – Hasta El Final
Farina is a young talent and in her blood runs some sparks of Arabic traditions and Latin flavor. Right now she’s promoting her single Hasta El Final (”To The End”), a dancehall/R&B romantic song, which is perfect for the perfect moment.
DENMARK: All Scandinavian
King’s Light Infantry – Home
Back in April, King’s Light Infantry released their debut EP, Crops, from which this track is taken. The quintet work in guitar-driven indie-rock where the ever-famous Scandinavian melancholy, pop hooks and the strong, emotional vocal of lead singer/guitarist Mathias Slot play leading roles. Right now they’re recording their first full-length record, slated for release sometime next year.
ENGLAND: The Daily Growl
Bear Driver – A Thousand Samurais
Bear Driver are a six-piece from Leeds who have only two singles under their belts, but are already turning the heads of festival organisers, labels and music fans in the UK. Current 7-inch Wolves came out last month, but this track is from their single from last year.
Badass Yuki – Jacques Lacan On CSR!
Badass Yuki is the brainchild of two high-school students (Mart Avi and Paul Sild), who kill time by creating lo-fi-esque tunes. BY’s soundworld is diverse and constantly changing, bouncing somewhere between post-punk, noise or just eclectic pop music with dancey rhythms. BY emerged from nowhere and won a local Soundwave band competition in 2009.
Pintandwefall – Doughnuts
Girl band Pintandwefall celebrated the warmest ever summer in Finland with the release of a free EP available to download on their website. Doughnuts is a delicious treat with a sugared guitar riff, punchy bass line and funny melody. Just 90 seconds of alternative rock for your coffee break.
Crocodile – Mental Home
Crocodile came about from an encounter between Jeremy, electric guitar player of Parisian rock band Louis de Lights, and Helene, singer of the mysterious electro collective Stupeflip. About 15 songs emerged from Crocodile’s stomach in less than a year. Do not let yourself be deceived – behind a sweet voice and catchy melodies hides a ferocious animal whose bite will leave marks that will get under your skin.
Hans Unstern – Paris
Catch Hans Unstern if you can. Uncommon is an able word to describe the work of this artist, who combines complex songwriting with sensitive German lyrics. He never crosses the fine line between brilliance and kitsch, maybe due to the slightly achy atmosphere he creates on the album Kratz Dich Raus from which Paris is the first single.
Musica Ficta – The Cell
Musica Ficta’s music is a treasure that deserves plundering. Even if they haven’t any official release, they are known for their astounding live performances. Apollo Retsos’ undeniably affecting vocals soar over orchestral pop arrangements, lush strings, drums and chiming guitars. As a matter of fact, an effervescent explosion of emotion will drift out of your stereo as you are listening to this live recording of The Cell, an enchantingly theatrical, profoundly beautiful and incredibly addictive song. I’m eagerly awaiting their debut album.
ICELAND: I Love Icelandic Music
Pascal Pinon – Djoflasnaran
Teenage quartet Pascal Pinon – named after two-headed Mexican freak Pasqual Pinon – released their eponymous debut last year. An album full of simple pop-folk songs in Icelandic and English, written by Asthildur and Jofridur. At the moment, the 16-year-old girls are recording a second album to be released on Morr Music. This label will also re-release their debut album, containing this song, Djoflasnaran (”Devil’s Snare”), a reference to Harry Potter.
The Bicycle Days – Circles
The Bicycle Days is an alternative rock quintet from Bangalore. The band’s music infuses samples and ambient guitar sounds into contemporary alternative rock. Think a slowed down, less self-involved Mute Math. Circles draws on progressive rock influences like Tool and The Mars Volta to create a submersive fluidity that’s as languid as it is involving. Turn up the volume to 11, or just leave it at four and let the music create your pictures.
Sarasvati – Oh I Never Know
Risa Saraswati is a new, aspiring singer-songwriter who is pursuing a solo career using her Sanskrit name, Sarasvati (???????). Such divine passion towards knowledge, art and music is conveyed through songs and lyrics. In her spiritual journey and quest for perfection, Risa shares her eternal experience of pursuing happiness with you.
Adebisi Shank – International Dreambeat
Taken from their second album This Is The Second Album Of A Band Called Adebisi Shank, International Dreambeat is the sound of pure rainbow rock. You can just see the confetti, the parades and crazy Japanese manga characters. Look out for the band’s second album released on August 20 through Richter Collective in Ireland, BSM Records in UK and in October on Parabolica Records in Japan. Guests include Conor O’Brien from Villagers, who provides vocals on Europa, while Jape plays synths on the last track, Century City.
ISRAEL: Metal Israel
Acropolis – Divine Cycle
Acropolis is an extreme melodic metal act from Israel. They blend aggressive metal grooves with brilliantly structured songs and melodies. Their debut release, The Aftermath, became a top seller on indie distribution website CD Baby and, incidentally, was very big in Japan.
Colapesce – La Guerra Fredda
For the first time I’ve selected a MAP song sung in Italian. I like the way it mixes our folk tradition and pop influences. La Guerra Fredda (”The Cold War”) is about girls on the beaches, boys dancing and grinning, the fate on some provincial road one night, long time ago. Colapesce is a young and talented songwriter from Sicily. You can download his new EP for free here. Check out Albanopower as well, Colapesce’s other band.
JAPAN: JPOP Lover
Matryoshka – Monotonous Purgatory
Matryoshka was formed in 2006 by Sen (track maker) and Calu (vocals). Their subtle yet profound strings, unreal rhythms, melancholic female vocals, cool and alluring piano mix with a hundred noises to create their massive sound.
MEXICO: Red Bull PanameriKa
Rey Pila – No. 114
Rey Pila is the new project of Diego Solorzano (Los Dynamite), who has created a homonymous album that refines his aesthetic intentions while adding some singalong choruses with mountains of synth and guitars that are so very 80s, so ‘Rock en tu idioma’.
NETHERLANDS: Unfold Amsterdam
Palmbomen – Myself
Translated as “Palm Trees”, Palmbomen is the Netherlands’ answer to the chillwave phenomenon that’s sweeping through another indie summer. Although we’re still a bit antsy about a genre identifier that, at least to us, signifies a bunch of kids buying fourth-hand DX7s and deciding it’s okay to like Simply Red, Palmbomen has made a hefty dent on the Amsterdam live scene in only a few months of activity. The vibe is unsurprisingly tropical from the off – throbbing bass, rumbling percussion and synth-heavy. The music isn’t trapped in a languid haze, however. The melodies hook you instantly while the vocals are playful and, perhaps unexpectedly, not utterly buried in a cathedral full of reverb. Essentially, it’s just great electronic pop.
NEW ZEALAND: Counting The Beat
Mild America – Coriander & Heaven
The title track from an EP (available here) of songs melding pop with alt-country, the aim of the band is to create a sound which is “nostalgic and celebratory, bitter and hopeful”. Coriander & Heaven perfectly encapsulates that approach with lyrics about a blue jay hitting a glass door and flapping with one wing on the ground. The arrangement goes from a slow vocal and percussion intro, bringing in mournful slide guitar, shifting to a martial beat before quietening to a whisper and then ending in a majestic squall of guitar.
Silje Nes – The Card House
When I first heard Silje Nes four years ago, I instantly fell in love with her fragile but strong music. Now she’s a critically acclaimed artist on the fine FatCat label, preparing the release of her second album Opticks. Nes is one of those artists who plays around with lots of sounds and instruments, some which she can play and some she can’t. The result is often stunningly beautiful – somewhere between pop and experimental – but definitely accessible and catchy. The album will be released on September 13 but her single, Crystals, is available now. The song we have for you here is a MAP exclusive from the new album. Thank you, FatCat!
Maku – Cuantas Piedras
Maku is a project led by Michael Dawson. Talking about his debut is almost like talking about a box of surprises. Maku’s music uses reggae as its base and also blends jazz and tropical sounds. Cuantas Piedras is the opening track from Maku’s self-titled album, which is available to download free from here and contains 11 songs, nine of which were recorded with the help of Francois Peglau.
PORTUGAL: Posso Ouvir Um Disco?
Peixe : Aviao – No Jogo da Quimera
Peixe : Aviao (translated as “Fish : Airplane”) are a quintet from the oldest ciy of Portugal, Braga. Their first recording was an EP, in 2008, and their Radiohead influence was already clear. In 2009, they released their first LP, which confirmed them as one of the most interesting new bands, singing in Portuguese. No Jogo da Quimera is from their 2010 record, Madrugada.
ROMANIA: Babylon Noise
Bogdan – Phase Transition
Bogdan makes the transition from experimental productions to dance music, and makes it seems like child’s play. His artistic development is noticeable both in his own productions and the hallucinating club nights he manages to kick off. In June 2010, Bogdan lit the fuse for local Romanian sound with another change in style – a cosmic techno hybrid. 4/4 dancing with a disco heart, it’s an album that tells a story about dancing in zero gravity. The new EP, Human Thermodynamics, can be downloaded from the Local Records website.
SCOTLAND: The Pop Cop
Dems – Jarndyce vs Jarndyce
Dems is a truly exciting newcomer to the Scottish music scene. London-raised but Edinburgh based, Dan Moss has just two songs to his name at the time of writing and no live appearances on the horizon. What we do know is that he’s a man whose talent is matched by his ideas. Jarndyce vs Jarndyce is a classy, clever and thoroughly accessible piece of electro-pop, like a more edgy Postal Service.
SINGAPORE: I’m Waking Up To…
Basement In My Loft – I Think I’ll Run
Basement In My Loft have an underground, garage-rock sound with lofty melodies. As a power trio, they deftly walk the line between bittersweet melodies and utter chaos, while delivering an urgency in their music, convinced that one day, all this shall pass. They’ve got big things planned ahead, dropping their debut album at this year’s Baybeats music festival, one of Southeast Asia’s most prestigious indie festivals. Even with the accolades, BIML’s belief in their music and style keeps their integrity intact, with the band taking no shortcuts to making music that matters.
SOUTH AFRICA: Musical Mover & Shaker!
Popskarr – Tonight
Popskarr’s sound has been described as “deep but dancey, but new wavey, but all in all it still kinda bangs out your sound system”. Their song Tonight shows off their electronic, nu-disco sound with just a splash of pop thrown in for good measure.
SOUTH KOREA: Indieful ROK
Kinzli & The kiloWatts – Oahu
Hailing from South Korea but now residing in London, Kinzli is currently preparing for the UK release of her second full-length album, Down Up Down, on September 6. Her music offers an eclectic mix of genres, from gypspy rhythms to jazz, and in a recent review her vocals were likened to Regina Spektor. Oahu is a warm and breezy ukulele tune where her impressive lyrical skills has her declaring true love for her favourite canoe.
Skatan – Teritory
Skaten is not just another random Swedish band of unknown quantity and quality. This project by Simone Andersson Wingfors has been written about on various Swedish blogs for well over a year (me here) despite the fact that the songs have only been demos on MySpace. Taken as a whole, the debut record We Are All Children With Different Titles could be called piano-pop. But if you dig deeper into each song you hear elements of more serious music, be it classical, jazz, gypsy, or circus cabaret. Territory combines many of these elements in one song. The bass is as full as you’d expect from a hip hop track, the scattershot drums pulse and ricochet, and Simone’s voice will give your tweeters (and your emotions) a workout.
We Loyal – Distant Heart
We Loyal from Basel play highly addictive dark-wave synth-pop with detours to indietronic. Their influences range from TV On The Radio to Joy Division and The Notwist. Even so, their Obstacles EP proves they are capable of more than reciting their role models.
UNITED STATES: I Guess I’m Floating
Wise Blood – STRT SRNS
Christopher Laufman aka Wise Blood makes the kind of music that might come out of a lo-fi Panda Bear & Jack White collab session. STRT SRNS is straight off his debut EP, +, which you can pick up for free at his Bandcamp page.
Desorden Publico – Espiritual
Desorden Publico is one of the oldest ska bands in Venezuela. Formed in Caracas in the mid-80s, this nine-member team has been famous for their powerful live performances and has the reputation of being a solid, influent and respected icon for the genre. Their music is full of Latin vibes and honest lyrics inspired from social problems. Espiritual is taken from the Desorden LP.
A few folks have been commenting and emailing lately about how much they like these posts. I would love to take credit for them but I can’t – I’m just a cog in the machine at MAP (Music Alliance Pact). As a refresher course: the deal is that all these blogs from all around the world come together and post their favorite song for the month. The songs are then compiled and shared on each and every site. So that’s the deal. Enjoy the July version of MAP below.
The Kyoto Connection – H.E.A.T.
The eighties are back! At least, that’s what we felt after listening to No Headphones Required, the cc-licensed brand new album by The Kyoto Connection. This amazing band delivers sweet electronic music mixed with Japanese juice and Flashdance-like synth sounds. If you like it, you can download the whole record from their website.
AUSTRALIA: Who The Bloody Hell Are They?
Kimbra – Settle Down
I’ve been following Kiwi-now-Melbournite Kimbra’s work for a year now, most of it in the form of either guest performing with other bands or solo with a guitar work. Only recently I’ve heard her new stuff, produced by Franc Teta. The song Settle Down opens with cut up beat boxing vocals – a bit too close to Bertie’s style of production for my liking – but is rescued and lifted by the chorus and soared into lush harmonies, that are all part of Kimbra’s own signature sound.
BRAZIL: Meio Desligado
Dead Lover’s Twisted Heart – Where I Am
Where I Am is part of the first full length album of the Brazilian band Dead Lover’s Twisted Heart, released a few weeks ago. Far away from the indie-folk influences that are highlighted in the band’s history, it’s a great pop song which could easily be in any album from She & Him or The Ting Tings.
Forest City Lovers – Pocketful Of Rocks
Over the last few years, Forest City Lovers has morphed from simply being a vehicle for Kat Burns’ acoustic folk into a full band with a knack for writing catchy folk-pop. On their new album, Carriage, Burns is joined by members of The D’Urbervilles, Ohbijou and Born Ruffians, among others. As this track (on which Burns is joined by Ruffians front man Luke Lalonde) demonstrates, the results are simply magical.
CHILE: Super 45
Maifersoni – La Turbulencia Quiere Hacernos Levantar Hoy
Maifersoni is the musical adventure of young Enrique Elgueta, in which he decides to blend psychedelia and noise in a lo-fi-ish perspective, with a strong pop accent. Taller Deslizante (Gliding Loom) is his first work, released this month on Chilean net label Michita Rex. It captures Panda Bear’s contemplative spirit, Sonic Youth’s fondness for experimentation and Vashti Bunyan’s warmth, creating a resounding weave that – with the likes of El Sueno De La Casa Propia and De Janeiros (both highlighted on earlier editions of MAP) – is giving Chilean pop a new perspective.
Lilysay – Last Party
The band Lilisay is a Beijing-based trip-hop band, founded by Lilisay and Shang Shao in March, 2010. At first the band started as a shoegaze duo, but as time went on they have evolved into a trip-hop band. After the first gig at D22, Lilisay met Li Wei. Sharing the same taste in music, they decided to collaborate. After several rehearsals and performances, they settled on Trip Hop/Electronica. Last Party is one of their early songs, which reminds a lot of the 80s shoegaze stuff.
DENMARK: All Scandinavian
Waking Life – Chirango
With The Flaming Lips and The Shins among their influences, Copenhagen based six-piece Waking Life work in uplifting, danceable ways. Here’s first single, Chirango – from their forthcoming debut album Fiction – an upbeat indierock song with ukulele, bells, trombone and whatnot that would make you all smiles if it hadn’t been for the rather serious lyrics.
ENGLAND: The Daily Growl
Wet Paint – Dead Night
Here’s a wee MAP exclusive. Ace east London scuzzy rock types Wet Paint are back with another album of great tunes and noisy guitars. No word yet of when the album’s going to be released, but here is a track from it. A sneak preview of what’s going to be a fantastic record.
Opium Flirt – Parade In Chimes
Opium Flirt have been playing live, writing and recording music since 2004. Projects have included music for multimedia installations, films and choreographic performances.
Parade In Chimes is taken from the new album DejaVoodoo.
Delay Trees – Cassette 2012
Just a little bit over a year ago, MAP featured a song by a Helsinki indie band that shocked the scene with a superb self-released EP. Now signed with an important label, Delay Trees offer the first single off their debut full length, out in September. The dreamy intensity of Cassette 2012 anticipates a new round of tender pop songs that will melt your ears.
I Love My Neighbours – Swedish Babe
Everyone has neighbors. You can hate them or love them… but one thing is for sure: it’s impossible not to love these crazy Neighbours. Presented as a big step between Block Party and Nirvana, I Love My Neighbours is a very good acidulated pop/rock band. Instigated by an omnipresent battery and swaying bass riffs, the three boys swing between pop songs and true aggressiveness. A schizophrenia materialized by the guitar riffs and the melodic and tortured voice of the singer. A noted French magazine called Les Inrocks wrote about them : ” These Parisians enter by the large door of the new english scene, dance and pop, with a full bag with catapults provided by Nirvana “. Prepare yourself to apply the theory of the “Bang Bang”, because there’s gonna be rock n’roll…
Herpes – Keine Experimente
Herpes may be the most ‘German’ band ever, posted on the MAP. Their straight-forward electropunk with pseudo-political lyrics draw the line from infamous Superpunk to the stepsons of Kraftwerk, like Trio or DAF. Hence, their label has to be Tapete Records, and yeah, of course they live in Berlin. Keine Experimente is the single from their recently released album Das Kommt Vom Kussen.
Mikael Delta – She’s A Boy
Mikael Delta began his career as a member of the band Stereo Nova. He is one of the most prolific and influential musicians in Greece in the past decade. His latest album, Tech Me Away is made of thrillingly danceable sounds and references to techno music scene, disco and electronica.This is music that hits the head, heart and hips all at once. You can dance to almost anything here. She’s A Boy demonstrates Delta’s talent for building simple, clattering dance beats and riffs into audio addictions. But what takes you by surprise is Etten’s marvellous voice, which pops up like a primary color and paints absolutely stellar pictures.
ICELAND: I Love Icelandic Music
Cosmic Call – Owls
Cosmic Call is a five-piece indie rock band from Akranes, a small town on the West Coast of Iceland. Band members are singer/guitarist Sigurmon, Fjolnir on guitar, synthesizer & backing vocals, Begga on bass and backing vocals, drummer Petur & Asa on violin & synthesizer. They are inspired by Arcade Fire, The Cure, The Pixies, Joy Division & Yeah Yeah Yeahs. They recorded one EP so far, which was released on July 24, 2009. The song Owls is a track of this limited, hand sewed edition of 1000 copies made by the band & family members.
Sir Dandy – Jakarta Motor City
Sir Dandy or Dandy Ramdhani or Acong, is the vocalist of one of the most obscure garage band in Indonesia Teenage Death Star, known for their quirky style on stage. This is his latest project, recording ballads using only his guitar and sunglasses on his garage-band software. This song tells us the story about the motorcycle flood in Jakarta.
Bingo – Cold Without You
Bingo is a 21 year-old producer from Dublin who makes luscious tracks with nods to dubstep, garage and UK funky. His music recalls the likes of Mount Kimbie, James Blake and Burial. If you find yourself in Dublin on a Saturday night, be sure to check the listings to see if Float, Bingo’s new club night is taking place in either Twisted Pepper or Tripod. You’ll find the likes of the vocal-twisting Cold Without You coming out of the speakers.
ISRAEL: Metal Israel
Ghost Bike – Ghost Writer
Jerusalem, Israel’s Ghost Bike will take you on an ambient trip-hop via the vehicle of dub-influenced electronica, spinning your mind in sonic circles with aural tales of dark, intense emotion. Diverse musical elements like Middle Eastern chants and beats mix with spooky haunted house effects and everything in between to create this sonic tapestry. Some Hollywood producer in need of a soundtrack should pick this stuff up.
Movie Star Junkies – The Wallnut Tree
It’s summer, a damned hot summer. I wanted to sail away on an ocean wave but it’s all covered in spilt oil. I don’t care. My beloved surfboard won’t let me down. I put the new Movie Star Junkies record on (wild guys, you should see them live) and drink last drop of rum. A toast to the Birthday Party and the Gun Club. Everything is perfect now. C’mon, let’s put out to sea. Goodbye.
JAPAN: JPOP Lover
Sputniko! – Google Song
Sputniko! (Hiromi Ozaki) is an experimental electro pop female musician based in London. Since 2007 Sputniko! has shown music, performances and films exploring intersections between technology and popular culture. In 2009 she published the DVD Parakonpe 3000, a collection of eccentric music videos talking about the quirky ways in which we engage with technology, such as google searching your crush’s name or desiring to become a cyborg to eliminate periods.
MEXICO: Red Bull PanameriKa
Orlando – Solo Dios Sabe
Orlando is a singer from Tijuana, Mexico with an organic approach to his compositions. He creates memorable pop choruses that rely on acoustic progressions and just released his first formal LP titled Capullo. This is the first single from the record, under production and arrangements from his collaborator El Poeta and additional mixing by the much respected composer Murcof (also from Tijuana). Solo Dios Sabe is a song that ideally represents Orlando’s soft acoustic sound and its blend with slight electronic details.
NETHERLANDS: Unfold Amsterdam
Bird On The Wire – Strange Days
Although formed in the harsh winter of 2010, when their first burst of song material emerged, Amsterdam trio Bird on the Wire write laid-back indie pop that’s perfect for a sweltering summer. Simple, sweet and ever so slightly melancholic, the soft, lulling vocal harmonies of Rosa, Thijs and Nina remind of Camera Obscura, balancing the folk sounds of the ’60s with contemporary lo-fi pop.
NEW ZEALAND: Counting The Beat
The Body Lyre – Pig
The Body Lyre is a multi-instrumental duo putting together an album, Escape Songs, song by song over the 12 months of 2010. Each month a new track is completed and put on-line for download at http://thebodylyre.bandcamp.com/ At the end of the year the album will be released on vinyl. The music is guitar based and reverb heavy, with a touch of surf, a pinch of country and a sprinkling of Lee Hazelwood and Nancy Sinatra.
KooKooo Kitchen – Sweet Caress
KooKooo Kitchen is one of Oslo’s more interesting new bands. In front are Eva and Marianne, constantly fighting for attention with their vocals and guitars, sometimes nice and harmonic, the next second as rough and edgy as it can get. The girls are backed by Henning and Brox on bass and drums. The combination of their sharp, ringing guitar sound, the heavy use of toms and the in-your-face attitude of the vocals reminds me of the early days of Siouxsie and The Banshees. KooKooo Kitchen has a lot of the energy of The Banshees, but the music is filled with lovely pop-harmonies. As they say themselves “Dirt under their nails, and nail polish to cover the mess.” A video is currently in the making for their song Bedsheet. Keep an eye on their myspace page for details.
Kinder – Encuentro Inesperado
Kinder is based on experimentation to create its sound, it has only an EP titled Mini-EP, on which each song is the result of the combination of different rhythms, electronic sequences and some playful samples. These features give Kinder, in several of its songs, a curious relationship to a childlike theme; this line achieves its balance when its sound gets into the instrumental environments. It’s probably this style that predominates in its first LP, ready for release sometime this year.
PORTUGAL: Posso Ouvir Um Disco?
Madame Godard – Atlas 1977
The quintet Madame Godard have (on MySpace) one of the best covers of Clash’s Spanish Bombs that you will ever hear. They produce a sound that is a mix of world music, folk and pop but always humorous. After almost ten years of hiatus, they have released their first LP, Galapagos, this year, which has been acclaimed by the Portuguese critics and audience.
ROMANIA: Babylon Noise
Identitate – Alone
Alone. Sleepless nights and lonely early mornings when the lights go down and the dawn breaks. The music is rising in loops, choruses that add up to this beautiful and minimal psychedelia. Identitate is a Romanian artist currently splitting his life between London and Timisoara. His third album called Who I Am and What I Want features songs originally meant to be soundtracks for short films and it can be downloaded from here
SCOTLAND: The Pop Cop
LightGuides – The Lion And The Pocketwatch
It’s the middle of festival season and nothing goes down better than a meaty power-rock anthem, which makes LightGuides the perfect alfresco band for the summer. The Lion And The Pocketwatch has a monster chorus that Biffy Clyro would raise devil horns to, while singer Mark Cowan’s vocals aren’t too dissimilar to Nate Ruess of Fun/The Format fame.
SINGAPORE: I’m Waking Up To…
Cheating Sons – The Last Queen
Look at some Singaporean cliches and you’ll be faced with an urban cityscape with sterile modern amenities. But scratch the surface and you’ll remember that we were once a humble fishing village that actually remembered how to relax. Cheating Sons sounds like a band that is in the process of retracing those roots, turning over every leaf and scribbling notes in the margins of journals. To say they’re updating a nostalgic country-rock sound would be downplaying the creativity behind the band’s songwriting. While they’re still recording their debut album, they were nice enough to share this demo with us because everyone back home is so excited about the music these boys are making.
SOUTH AFRICA: Musical Mover & Shaker!
Jack Parow – Onder Draai Die Duiwel Joints
Move over Eminem. Jack Parow has arrived. He’s white. He raps. Oh and yes, he’s Afrikaans. Jack Parow truly is original; he is in fact the “original donker dodgy Afrikaans rapper”. His lyrics are brash, brazen and funny and his song Onder Draai Die Duiwel Joints showcases his unique style. He has caused quite a stir in the music scene, locally and internationally alike. He’s set to take over the world. Watch out!
SOUTH KOREA: Indieful ROK
Glittering Blackness, Fall – 3
After playing together for a few years, post-rock act Glittering Blackness, Fall took it in their own hands to release an untitled EP – their first – at the beginning of this year. The septet counts a media graphics responsible to its members, ensuring interesting imagery to go with their captivating music. The song simply going by 3 builds up beautifully during the first half before a strong finale where the listener will wish for it never to come to an end. The whole EP is available for download from last.fm.
The Telepathics – 23:59
This little nugget of Italian/Swedish electro disco from The Telepathics is a certain cure for the end of summer blues. This duo is comprised of Cristiano and Isabella. The song is not quite as sunny as their sun drenched faces shown above, yet still it brightened my day considerably.
Alvin Zealot – Bricks Over Bricks
If it comes to name a current common denominator in the Swiss rock music scene there is no getting around Alvin Zealot – four young guys from Lucerne who made a highly addictive and unpretentious rock’n'roll-record. Tears Of St. Lawrence sounds bold and experienced at the same time. Quite an effort for a debut by four teens.
Tomates Fritos – Perdoname
Tomates Fritos was born in Puerto La Cruz, east of Venezuela and since the beginning, in 1997, the group has edited 4 LPs and have been part of important music festivals like Festival Nuevas Bandas (1998) and Cool Summer Music Festival (2002). Their music comes from mixing Spanish pop-rock with classic rock from the 60s and 70s, developing a unique sound, flooded with energy that has captivated tons of fans. This song, Perdoname, has been played very often in radio stations all over the country and belongs to their latest CD, Hombre Bala.
To download all 33 songs in one file click here
A-Z indies pop
- MP3-Download 120 Days «Come out, come down, fade out, be gone»
- MP3-Download 120 Days «Get away»
- MP3-Download The 1900s «Age of metals»
- MP3-Download The 1900s «When I say go»
- MP3-Download 22 Pistepirkko «I knew»A
- MP3-Download A Smile And A Ribbon «The boy I wish I never met»
- MP3-Download Afraid of Stairs «Not today»
- MP3-Download Air «Cherry blossom girl»
- MP3-Download Airiel «Cinnamon»
- MP3-Download Airiel «Kiss me slowly»
- MP3-Download Airiel «Think tank»
- MP3-Download The Airfields «Yr so wonderful»
- MP3-Download Alcian Blue «See you shine»
- MP3-Download Alcian Blue «You just disappear»
- MP3-Download Alphawezen «Gun song / El Niño»
- MP3-Download Alphawezen «System2»
- MP3-Download The American Dollar «Bump»
- MP3-Download The American Dollar «DEA»
- MP3-Download The April Skies «A lifetime in the sun»
- MP3-Download Apple Orchard «The way you brush your hair»
- MP3-Download Arcade Fire «Rebellion (lies)»
- MP3-Download The Arrogants «Don't die before your day»
- MP3-Download The Arrogants «Lovesick»
- MP3-Download The Arrogants «Cool shoes»
- MP3-Download The Arrogants «Antony and Cleopatra»
- MP3-Download Asobi Seksu «Merry christmas»
- MP3-Download Asobi Seksu «I'm Happy But You Don't Like Me»
- MP3-Download Asobi Seksu «New Years»
- MP3-Download Asobi Seksu «Sooner»
- MP3-Download Asobi Seksu «Thursday»
- MP3-Download Asobi Seksu «Walk on the moon»
- MP3-Download Astrolab «When the leaf is not green»
- MP3-Download Au Revoir Simone «Backyards»
- MP3-Download Autumn's Grey Solace «The unshakable demon»
- MP3-Download Autumn's Grey Solace «Falling Sky»B
- MP3-Download Babyshambles «Delivery»
- MP3-Download The Ballet «In my head»
- MP3-Download The Ballet «I hate the war»
- MP3-Download Band of Horses «No one's gonna love you»
- MP3-Download Band of Horses «The funeral»
- MP3-Download Baumer «How the West 1»
- MP3-Download Baumer «Take What's Mine»
- MP3-Download Bedroom Eyes «Blueprint for departure»
- MP3-Download Bedroom Eyes «The Skywriter»
- MP3-Download The Big Sleep «Murder»
- MP3-Download The Big Sleep «You can't touch the untouchable»
- MP3-Download The Big Sleep «Fast B»
- MP3-Download Black Car «Asleep at the wheel»
- MP3-Download Black Car «St. John»
- MP3-Download Blacklist «Exit»
- MP3-Download Blacklist «Blue shifted»
- MP3-Download Blacklist «Language of the living dead»
- MP3-Download Black Tie Dynasty «Tender»
- MP3-Download Black Tie Dynastie «Die»
- MP3-Download The Black Watch «Tatterdemalion»
- MP3-Download The Black Watch «Williamsburg»
- MP3-Download The Black Watch «Buttercup fairchild»
- MP3-Download Blind Terry «The subtle art of how to break a heart»
- MP3-Download Blind Terry «When Prefab Sprout wrecked my mind»
- MP3-Download Bloc Party «Banquet»
- MP3-Download Blonde Redhead «23»
- MP3-Download Boudoir «Floating»
- MP3-Download The Bridal Shop «Marine thing»
- MP3-Download The Bridal Shop «The ideal state»
- MP3-Download Brimstone Howl «Million years»
- MP3-Download The Brunettes «Small town crew»
- MP3-Download Bubblegum Lemonade «I'll never be yours»
- MP3-Download Bubblegum Lemonade «Pale fountain»
- MP3-Download Burning Hearts «I lost my colour vision»
- MP3-Download Burning Hearts «Sea birds»C
- MP3-Download Camera Obscura «I need all the friends I can get»
- MP3-Download Camera Obscura «Lloyd, I'm ready to be heartbroken»
- MP3-Download Camp «The war goes on»
- MP3-Download Camp «In Paris with you»
- MP3-Download Carrie «Cat power»
- MP3-Download Cat Power «Metal heart»
- MP3-Download Celestial «Fragile heart»
- MP3-Download Celestial «Hope, you know»
- MP3-Download The Charlatans «You cross my path»
- MP3-Download Charlene «Ripoff»
- MP3-Download Charlene «Radio son»
- MP3-Download Charlene «No fly»
- MP3-Download Cheap Beat «Coming home in a bodybag»
- MP3-Download Cheap Beat «Morbido under pressure»
- MP3-Download Clap Your Hands Say Yeah «Underwater (you and me)»
- MP3-Download Clap Your Hands Say Yeah «Love song no. 7»
- MP3-Download Club 8 «Heaven»
- MP3-Download The Consulate General «What time ist it now»
- MP3-Download CSS «Let's make love and listen to death from above»
- MP3-Download CSS«Alala»
- MP3-Download Curious «J. Mary»
- MP3-Download Curves «Slide»
- MP3-Download Curves «Sweet desert sky»
- MP3-Download Curves «Let it out»
- MP3-Download Curves «If ever»
- MP3-Download Cut City «Anticipation»
- MP3-Download Cut City «Statues»
- MP3-Download Cut Copy «Lights & music»D
- MP3-Download Dalek Beach Party «Exterminate! Exterminate!»
- MP3-Download Dalek Beach Party «6 o'clock again»
- MP3-Download The Darlings «Emily»
- MP3-Download Datarock «Fa fa fa»
- MP3-Download Daylight's for the Birds «World's away»
- MP3-Download Days «Simple thing»
- MP3-Download The Daysleepers «Mesmerize»
- MP3-Download The Daysleepers «The Soft attack»
- MP3-Download The Daysleepers «Summerdreamer»
- MP3-Download De Rosa «Cathkin Braes»
- MP3-Download Death Cab for Cutie «A movie ending script»
- MP3-Download Death Cab for Cutie «Soul meets body»
- MP3-Download Der Tante Renate «Black»
- MP3-Download Devics «Come up»
- MP3-Download Disco Digitale «Taken (to the stars)»
- MP3-Download Disco Digitale «Another world»
- MP3-Download The Drums «Down by the water»E
- MP3-Download Edson «Sunday, lovely sunday»
- MP3-Download The Electric Mainline «All too much»
- MP3-Download The Electric Mainline «We are now»
- MP3-Download Electric Soft Parade «Kick in the teeth»
- MP3-Download Electric Soft Parade «Cold world» (mit linker Maustaste klicken!)
- MP3-Download Elefant «Lolita»
- MP3-Download Elefant «The clown»
- MP3-Download Elk City «Cherries in the snow»
- MP3-Download Elk City «Los Cruzados»
- MP3-Download Elk City «Once and for all»
- MP3-Download El Perro Del Mar «It's all good»
- MP3-Download El Perro Del Mar «God knows (You gotta give to get back)»
- MP3-Download Epo-555 «Dakota»
- MP3-Download The Essex Green «Don't know why (you stay)»
- MP3-Download The Ettes «No more surprises»
- MP3-Download Even As We Speak «Falling down the stairs»
- MP3-Download Even As We Speak «Straight as an arrow»
- MP3-Download Even As We Speak «Beautiful day»
- MP3-Download Evervess «Waiting»
- MP3-Download Evervess «Far away»
- MP3-Download Evervess «Flicker»
- MP3-Download Everybody Loves Irene «Try Try Try»
- MP3-Download Everybody Loves Irene «Memento Mori»
- MP3-Download Everything Gone Green «Shine»
- MP3-Download Experimental Aircraft «Stellar»
- MP3-Download Experimental Aircraft «Upper East Side»
- MP3-Download Explosions in the Sky «Day 1»
- MP3-Download Explosions in the Sky «Day Two»
- MP3-Download Explosions in the Sky «Welcome, ghosts»
- MP3-Download Explosions in the Sky «Your hands in mine»
- MP3-Download E.Z. Basic «You never learn»F
- MP3-Download The Falling Leaves «Hokkaido»
- MP3-Download Fathom 5 «Conflict station»
- MP3-Download Fathom 5 «Then the sun hit»
- MP3-Download Fields «Brittlesticks»
- MP3-Download Film School «Lectric»
- MP3-Download Flannelmouth «The right words»
- MP3-Download Flannelmouth «Living seconds»
- MP3-Download Foretaste «The beginning and the end»G
- MP3-Download Mark Gardener «Snow in Mexico»
- MP3-Download Garmisch «Glimmer»
- MP3-Download Garmisch «Courtesy of Steven Wright»
- MP3-Download Garmisch «U fine»
- MP3-Download Garmisch Partenkirchen «Black paint»
- MP3-Download Garmisch Partenkirchen «Fashionista»
- MP3-Download The Ghears «X-Ray»
- MP3-Download The Ghears «Melt»
- MP3-Download Girl Alliance «Jaded»
- MP3-Download Girl Alliance «On a sunny day»
- MP3-Download Girl Alliance «Time heals nothing»
- MP3-Download Girl Alliance «Going nowhere»
- MP3-Download Glacier «Houston»
- MP3-Download Glacier «There's a star out there»
- MP3-Download Glacier «Making the rules»
- MP3-Download Goodtime Goodtimes «For all my kingdom»
- MP3-Downloas The Guggenheim Grotto «The universe is laughing»H
- MP3-Download Havana Guns «She always goes down (Demo)»
- MP3-Download Havana Guns «N.Y.C.S. (Demo)»
- MP3-Download Havana Guns «I want to die (Demo)»
- MP3-Download Havana Guns «The snake (Demo)»
- MP3-Download Headlights «TV»
- MP3-Download Huma «Dream»
- MP3-Download Huma «Given the reasons»
- MP3-Download Human Television «Automobile»
- MP3-Download Human Television «Tell me what you want»I
- MP3-Download iDou «Hit her with the pig» (als .zip-Datei)
- MP3-Download iDou «Small and Cute» (als .zip-Datei)
- MP3-Download iDou «Perfect Hands for Basketball» (als .zip-Datei)
- MP3-Download I Love Poland «Cripple»
- MP3-Download I Love You Baby! «Mon toutou»
- MP3-Download The Indelicates «Fun is for the feeble minded (Demo)»
- MP3-Download The Indelicates «Waiting for Pete Doherty to die (Demo)»
- MP3-Download The Information «A simple plan»
- MP3-Download The Information «Alchemy in the world of science»
- MP3-Download The Information «I lose control»
- MP3-Download Ingenting «Punkrömmar»
- MP3-Download I Was A Teenage Satan Worshipper «A dream of animals talking»
- MP3-Download I Was A Teenage Satan Worshipper «Bomb the school»
- MP3-Download Irene «Baby I love your way»
- MP3-Download Irene «By your side»
- MP3-Download Irene «Little things (that tear us apart)»
- MP3-Download Iron & Wine «Innocent bone»J
- MP3-Download The Joy Formidable «Whirring»
- MP3-Download Junius «At the age of decay»
- MP3-Download Junius «Blood is bright (Edit)»
- MP3-Download Junius «Hiding knives (Edit)»K
- MP3-Download Kicker «Tomorrow always comes»
- MP3-Download Kicker «On your floor»
- MP3-Download Kicker «Blue»
- MP3-Download Kicker «Chancifer»
- MP3-Download Kicker «Paraguay»
- MP3-Download The Kid «Kit Club Hotel»
- MP3-Download The Kid «Portion control»
- MP3-Download The Kid «The noble art of jealousy»
- MP3-Download Björn Kleinhenz «At night we die»
- MP3-Download Kontraband «Brisk»
- MP3-Download Kontraband «Melodram»L
- MP3-Download Ladytron «Runaway (KI:Theory Remix)»
- MP3-Download La Lacque «Secret»
- MP3-Download Language of Flowers «Tara Mascara»
- MP3-Download Language of Flowers «If it's not you»
- MP3-Download Language of Flowers «Leaving»
- MP3-Download Late Night Venture «Love/respect call»
- MP3-Download Late Night Venture «Sidekick trip to Mars»
- MP3-Download Lavender Diamond «You broke my heart»
- MP3-Download Lavender Diamond «Rise in the springtime»
- MP3-Download The Legends «He knows the sun»
- MP3-Download The Legends «Lucky star»
- MP3-Download The Legends «Make it all right»
- MP3-Download The Lodger «Kicking sand»
- MP3-Download Log Lady Train «Repression»
- MP3-Download Loney, Dear «I am John»
- MP3-Download Longwave «There's a fire»
- MP3-Download The Lost Patrol «On the run»
- MP3-Download The Lost Patrol «Orbit»
- MP3-Download The Lost Patrol «Shimmy»
- MP3-Download The Lost Patrol «Run wild»
- MP3-Download LoveLikeFire «Wish you dead»
- MP3-Download LoveLikeFire «From a tower»
- MP3-Download LoveLikeFire «I will»
- MP3-Download LoveLikeFire «S.O.S.»
- MP3-Download Lucky Lucky Pigeons «Who smells marshmallows?»
- MP3-Download Lucky Lucky Pigeons «N to the ICE»
- MP3-Download Luisa Mandou um Beijo «Anselmo»M
- MP3-Download Magenta Skycode «Pleasure of love»
- MP3-Download Magenta Skycode «People»
- MP3-Download Magenta Skycode «Go outside again»
- MP3-Download Mary Goes Round «Mary's Garden»
- MP3-Download Mary Goes Round «Mary Sleeps Alone»
- MP3-Download Mary Goes Round «The Promised Land»
- MP3-Download Mary Goes Round «Dark Times (Demo)»
- MP3-Download Mary Goes Round «Orange Car»
- MP3-Download Math and Physics Club «Jimmy has a polaroid»
- MP3-Download Meeky Rosie «Forever»
- MP3-Download The Melons «Fire engine girl»
- MP3-Download Mew «Introducing Palace Players»
- MP3-Download MGMT «Time to pretend»
- MP3-Download Mia. «Mein Freund (TimTim Remix)»
- MP3-Download Mikrofisch «The kids are all shite»
- MP3-Download Miss Kittin «FFF fff»
- MP3-Download Moby «Shot in the back of the head»
- MP3-Download Mojave 3 «Big star baby (Demo)»
- MP3-Download Monster Movie «Letting you know»
- MP3-Download Morning Spy «Daughters of History»
- MP3-Download Morning Spy «I am the time»
- MP3-Download Morning Spy «Princess Vancouver»
- MP3-Download Motoboy «A room without you»
- MP3-Download My Favorite «Working Class Jacket»
- MP3-Download My Favorite «Burning Hearts»
- MP3-Download My Little Airport «Victor, fly me to Stafford»
- MP3-Download My Little Airport «Nervous»
- MP3-Download My Little Airport «Zoo»N
- MP3-Download New Modern Angels «So easily surprised»
- MP3-Download New Modern Angels «All the things»
- MP3-Download New Modern Angels «Lullaby»
- MP3-Download New Pornographers «My rights vs. yours»
- MP3-Download Nouvelle Vague «Guns of Brixton»OP
- MP3-Download Pallers «Humdrum»
- MP3-Download Palomar «Our haunt»
- MP3-Download The Papertiger Sound «Magnetic north»
- MP3-Download The Papertiger Sound «Cold fingers smiling»
- MP3-Download Die Perlen «Großstadtangst»
- MP3-Download Die Perlen «Recherche»
- MP3-Downlaod The Pernice Brothers «There goes the sun»
- MP3-Download The Pernice Brothers «My So-Called Celibate Life»
- MP3-Download Peter, Bjorn and John «Far away, by my side»
- MP3-Download Peter, Bjorn and John «Teen love»
- MP3-Download Piano Magic «Echoes on ice»
- MP3-Download Plajia «Sleeping»
- MP3-Download The Postmarks «Dreamer»
- MP3-Download The Postmarks «My little heart»
- MP3-Download Princess Niko «The broken paper-heart club»R
- MP3-Download The Raveonettes «Black/white»
- MP3-Download Red Sleeping Beauty «Summer tells stories»
- MP3-Download Red Sleeping Beauty «Season's change»
- MP3-Download Red Sleeping Beauty «Don't say you love me»
- MP3-Download Reverend Big O «Words like clouds» (wenn das Ride noch erlebt hätten!)
- MP3-Download Reverend Big O «Tonight» (oder das!)
- MP3-Download Riding Paper Airplanes «Homecoming weekend in a small town»
- MP3-Download Riding Paper Airplanes «Feather»
- MP3-Download André Rönnbäck «Warmth on a sunny day»
- MP3-Download The Ruling Class «Flowers»S
- MP3-Download Sambassadeur «Between the lines»
- MP3-Download Sambassadeur «New Moon»
- MP3-Download Sambassadeur «Whatever Season»
- MP3-Download The School «And suddenly»
- MP3-Download Scissors for Lefty «Next to Argyle»
- MP3-Download Scissors for Lefty «Lay down your weapon»
- MP3-Download Secret Shine «Deep thinker»
- MP3-Download Secret Shine «Liquid indigo»
- MP3-Download Sally Shapiro «I know»
- MP3-Download Shiloe «Gone»
- MP3-Download Sieben «Rite of amends»
- MP3-Download Silver Screen «Don't believe a word»
- MP3-Download Slow Down Tallahassee «Candy»
- MP3-Download Small Crew «Boxing day»
- MP3-Download Small Crew «Getting up»
- MP3-Download Snow Machine «Camel lights»
- MP3-Download Snow Machine «Birmingham»
- MP3-Download Soda Fountain Rag «I laugh myself to sleep»
- MP3-Download Soda Fountain Rag «The year I'm 17»
- MP3-Download Soda Fountain Rag «Angry girl»
- MP3-Download Soda Fountain Rag «Don't kill the clowns»
- MP3-Download The Soda Stream «Balloon»
- MP3-Download The Soda Stream «Serenade»
- MP3-Download Soft «Higher»
- MP3-Download Soft Hearted Scientists «The comets tail»
- MP3-Download Soft Hearted Scientists «I'll be happy I'll be sleeping»
- MP3-Download The Somnambulants «Take it on»
- MP3-Download The Somnambulants «Beat down»
- MP3-Download Souvenir «Au bord du soleil»
- MP3-Download Souvenir «Amour et degout»
- MP3-Download Space Mtn «I die»
- MP3-Download Space Mtn «Hovercraft»
- MP3-Download Space Mtn «Brightside»
- MP3-Download Stars «The night starts here»
- MP3-Download Steve Goldberg & The Arch Enemies «The spy part 1»
- MP3-Download Steve Goldberg & The Arch Enemies «The spy part 2»
- MP3-Download Steve Goldberg & The Arch Enemies «Summer's ending»
- MP3-Download The Stevenson Ranch Davidians «Let it all go»
- MP3-Download The Stills «Still in love song»
- MP3-Download The Submarines «Peace & Hate»T
- MP3-Download Taxi Taxi «X marks the spot»
- MP3-Download The Teenagers «Starlett Johansson»
- MP3-Download Televise «If I told you»
- MP3-Download Televise «Smile»
- MP3-Download TempEau «Mädchen aus Greifswald»
- MP3-Download The Dance Inc. «Don't run to the suburbs»
- MP3-Download Their Hearts Were Full of Spring «Question of trust»
- MP3-Download Their Hearts Were Full of Spring «Out of sight, out of mind»
- MP3-Download Thermostatic «So close so near»
- MP3-Download Thermostatic «The box»
- MP3-Download They Live By Night «Factory»
- MP3-Download The Tides «Lights»
- MP3-Download The Tides «Lying»
- MP3-Download This Episode «The movies»
- MP3-Download This Episode «Paris London New York»
- MP3-Download This Year's Model «O heaven help my foolish heart»
- MP3-Download This Year's Model «Ten clock murder»
- MP3-Download This Year's Model «The postcard»
- MP3-Download Tiger Baby «Girlfriend»
- MP3-Download Tiger Baby «At least I'm honest»
- MP3-Download Tiger Baby «Swetheart»
- MP3-Download Tiger Baby «This christmas»
- MP3-Download Tiger Lou «Sell out»
- MP3-Download Timid Tiger «Let the city save us»
- MP3-Download Timid Tiger «Combat songs and traffic fights»
- MP3-Download Tinker «Serpentine»
- MP3-Download Tinker «Revealed»
- MP3-Download Tinker «Small talk»
- MP3-Download Twig «Ciao ciao bomb»V
- MP3-Download Velour «If you really want me»
- MP3-Download Velour «Starla»
- MP3-Download Velveteen «At the birdhouse»
- MP3-Download Viola «Angelic»
- MP3-Download Viola «I don't know how to party»
- MP3-Download Viola «Sad eyed disco dancers»
- MP3-Download Viola «Lovelights»
- MP3-Download Virginia Jetzt! «Leisegehen»
- MP3-Download The Voltarenes «Anagrams»
- MP3-Download The Voltarenes «She's in parties»
- MP3-Download Voxtrot «The start of something»
- MP3-Download Voxtrot «Mothers, sisters, daughters & wives»
- MP3-Download Voxtrot «Foxgloves»
- MP3-Download Voxtrot «Trouble»W
- MP3-Download The Weakerthans «Watermark»
- MP3-Download The Wedding Present & Klee «Holly Jolly Hollywod»
- MP3-Download The White Birch «Your Spain»
- MP3-Download The White Birch «Beauty King»
- MP3-Download The White Birch «Breathe»
- MP3-Download The Whitest Boy Alive «Burning»
- MP3-Download Windermere «Trailer park»
- MP3-Download Wolf Parade «Call it a ritual»Y–Z
The Ronettes - Be My Baby [mp3]
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Just Like Honey [mp3]
Velocette - Bitterscene [mp3]
Bat for Lashes - What's a girl to do [mp3]
Au Revoir Simon - A violet yet flammable world [mp3]
The Cure - Kyoto Song [mp3]
Manhattan Love Suicides - Head Over Heels [mp3]
Camera Obscura - Eighties Fan [mp3]
Johnny Boy - You Are the Generation That Bought More Shoes and You Get What You Deserve [mp3]
out of ideas?
My dears readers, what are your plans for this weekend? Yahoo! I love hanging with My girlfriend during the day, to celebrate of my blogs to shopping or Watching Cinemas. Isn't that a great idea? Hope you have a fun weekend, and here are a few great posts from around the web...
These wedding rings are pretty much perfect.
I heart heart stickers.
Wouldn't you like to have this goosepimply feeling right now?
Loving J. Crew's new arrivals.
Another gorgeous wedding braid!
Great "hold me" bag (and more favorite bags).
It's funny 'cause it's true.
What a great idea to stencil your kitchen table.
Amazing kids music for a great cause.
Hiking to a teahouse in China. Eeps!
You can never have too many vintage striped shirts.
Back-to-school pencil holders.
The sweetest pregnancy video!
Great article on ballet corps dancers.
The top ten mispronounced foodie words.
Wow, holy bedroom makeover!
What a lovely wedding (with orange shoes).
Oh, Nutella snack drink, where have you been all my life?
Good to know when climbing trees.
Grace Kelly would have liked this pencil skirt.
Funny shopping moment in the UK.
Loving J. Crew's "real models" series.
Beautiful bookstore cafe.
Loving these old-school toys.
Another adorable Olympics commercial. What a great song.
The cutest cross-country road trip proposal story.
Plus, five Cup of Jo posts you may have missed.
* A well-dressed autumn.
* Wine tip.
* Venice underwater.
* A quote to remember.
* An Ode to the Indie.
(Illustration by Adrian Tomine, whom I spotted in a record store once. I awkwardly trailed him around but was too shy to say hello)