I AM LOVE
(Io Sono L'Amore)
An intriguing delight and so beautifully performed - particularly by Tilda Swinton!
I Am Love Synopsis: Emma (Tilda Swinton), the matriarch of a wealthy Milanese family, lives in a carefully ordered world where her duty towards husband and children dominates. But a chance encounter ignites long repressed passions and sets her on a journey of sexual awakening.
I Am Love will be released to theaters on June 18, 2010. Watch the trailer below.
I AM IN THE RED
>> It's no secret that me and red just don't see eye to eye. Or at least there's a particular shade of red... Royal Mail post box red to be precise that I have always avoided like the plague. I've slowly been dipping into shades that stray far from the postbox but come come April 9th, I'll have to confront it. Actually, I'm willingly confronting it because I'm clasping my hands with excitement at the release of Luca Guadagnino's film I Am Love starring Tilda Swinton. If the other half gets to wee his pants himself over a mohair jumper in A Single Man, then I can swoon a little at the fact that Raf Simons for Jil Sander has architected the wardrobe for Tilda Swinton's character Emma Recchi.
I particular love this grurple mauve colour against the Milanese backdrop...
Check out the trailer from I AM LOVE which stars Tilda Swinton, Flavio Parenti, Edoardo Gabbriellini, Alba Rohrwacher, and is directed by Luca Guadagnino.
Tilda Swinton Wears Jil Sanders
- The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus—We're loving Dior couture to outfit Lily Cole as she makes a movie about putting on a play.
- The Road—We'd recommend Erin Wasson for her affinity for the down-on-their-luck set, but we're not sure how good Viggo Mortensen would look in lace bellbottoms.
- Amelia—Couturier and badass feminist Coco Chanel's practical and chic designs would look right at home on aviatrix and badass feminist Amelia Earhart.
- Nine—Sparkles, suiting, and something with belt-it-out bravura only calls for Dolce & Gabbanna.
- New Moon—No one makes running-through-the-forest-wear quite like LL Bean. But, if the vamps and wolvies want something a little higher-brow, we recommend good ol' American designer Ralph Lauren. Plaid and fangs: Get used to it.