Sunday, November 23, 2008

New Modern Classic...Alden Boots



I just came across these Alden boots on Honeyee and they are looking very good. I don’t know much about Alden’s products and my freetranslation.com translation didn’t work very clearly so I wasn’t able to decipher much information. I was able to figure out that I like the look of the dark brown boots. They look somewhat similar to some Redwing models, but definitely carry their own unique style. I really like the way the eyelets are set on the shoe, as well as the shape of the mid sole. These are pretty important characteristics of footwear and it seems Alden has nailed the aesthetic. The boots come in an all black color as well, including a black mid sole which gives the boot a much more mature, dressy look. Since I’m not one to dress up all that often, the brown model is much more appealing to me, although at $450 and only being available in Barneys Japan, there is a downside.

No comments: